autorun perhaps dangerous (Was: Wine release 0.9.53)

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 14:45:49 CST 2008

On Jan 13, 2008 8:39 AM, L. Rahyen <research at science.su> wrote:
>         If you disagree with WINE policy related to ReactOS you need to talk to AJ
> directly (for example, on IRC channel).  Multiple requests to exclude existing
> tools on wine-devel without good reasons will not help to make WINE or its
> current policy better, really.

The policy regarding ReactOS is not going to change and I really don't
care at this point. My point in reply to Dmitry's comment was while I
agree using winecfg for msconfig functionality is fine I was just
using a reductio ad-absurdum to point out that if we are not going to
make a wrapper program for msconfig for power windows users that are
used to certain windows functionality because we don't care about them
and the windows way of doing things, then why should we care about
windows power users ablity to graphically edit the registry? In
regedits case there would be two fold argument for removing it, 1.
Because it was contributed by ReactOS developers and 2. Because we
obviously don't care about whats convenient to people coming from a
windows background using that logic.

--
Steven Edwards