advpack: Skip some tests if not in interactive mode because they pop up dialogs.

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Jan 15 17:10:36 CST 2008

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008, Saulius Krasuckas wrote:

> * On Tue, 13 Nov 2007, Francois Gouget wrote:
> >
> > This was causing the advpack:install test to time out on my Win98, WinXP
> > and Win2003 VMs.
>
> Would it be nice to create some closer-thread for closing poped up dialogs
> in places of code known for that behaviour?  (Probably, for non
> interactive mode only)

I'm not sure. It seems like it would be complex and probably quite
fragile (e.g. wrt to language issues).

I'd rather have the tests not pop up any windows at all, though that's
clearly a lost cause.

             Research is the transformation of money to knowledge.
            Innovation is the transformation of knowledge to money.
                              -- Dr. Hans Meixner