Shader compiler GL error

Markus kde at graph-ix.net
Wed Jan 16 08:43:29 CST 2008

Hi,

while trying to fix the bug I posted a few days ago, the game's developer
pointed out on request that the ingame shader issues are not related to the
graphics card detection but more likely to a failing shader compilation.

They are using d3d9_33.dll for development and recommended to try with this
version. I've thus removed all other versions of the library and also deleted
the game's cached shaders. The game now crashes on startup with the following
error:
fixme:d3d_surface:flush_to_framebuffer_drawpixels >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
GL_INVALID_VALUE (0x501) from glDrawPixels @ surface.c / 1061

If I use d3d9_31.dll instead, the shaders are compiled and the game starts but
the water is again looking like a low-end fallback.

Any ideas on this?

Regards,
--
Markus