GOM player

Louis Lenders xerox_xerox2000 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 18 14:44:55 CST 2008

> On 1/17/08, Dan Kegel <dank <at> kegel.com> wrote:
> > http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/jan/17/linux.korea
> > says everyone in Korea uses the GOM player...
> > It installs ok, but blew up when I tried to load the Sony music
> > stream from its playlist. ...
> > http://www.gomplayer.com/
> > supposedly comes with lots of codecs.

Rolf Kalbermatter <r.kalbermatter <at> hccnet.nl> writes:

I tested it in wine, doesn't play anything in plain wine. With native quartz
(and installing some codecs with winetricks) it works , but there is still some
issues: window can't be moved, and it displays the movies just too bright.
Unfortunately I haven't seen any work on quartz latest months/years. For now i'd
give it a bronze rating.....