gdiplus: DEFINE_GUID

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 14:26:50 CST 2008

On Jan 20, 2008 7:34 AM, Rolf Kalbermatter <r.kalbermatter at hccnet.nl> wrote:

> Why an MSDN subsciption should prevent someone from submitting any code to
> Wine
> is beyond me, but maybe they changed the EULA of it?? (Which I would suspect
> would not hold in court because of antitrust concerns).
>
> Or did they really start to ship source code with it? I simply can't believe
> they would ship ntdll.dll or ntos.exe or other core DLL source code ever.

MSDNAA Subscriber downloads like for university students contain the
source for ntos. Microsoft hired Dave Probert to put together the
Windows Academic Program and University Source Licenses where they
give away like 90% of the core system to push universities to use it
to teach operating system design. As I don't have a MSDNAA account I
don't know how much of the system is really there but the source
license terms are very liberal. i.e. You can learn from it but not
copy any code from it, any ideas you take with you are not
restricted,etc. I have a friend in the program so I will ask him if it
includes any of the Win32 api, but I doubt it.

--
Steven Edwards