gitignore: ignore files generated by the Visual C++ compiler.

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 02:46:26 CST 2008

On Thursday 24 January 2008 18:07:57 Reece Dunn wrote:

> If you are in a bash/cmd shell *on Windows* with a checked out
> wine.git repository, and you are using VCExpress to *build and test*
> the /tests/ that test the Windows platforms (that is, you either don't
> have access to mingw, or want to make use of the debugging
> facilities), your work flow is something like this:
>
>     vim edit.c
>     cl ../../../include $(VCDIR)/include user32.lib gdi32.lib edit.c
>     ./edit.exe

That's more or less they way I do it, just that I do the compile using the
msvc6 compiler under Wine on Linux. :)

> and when everything is ok:
>
>     git add . && git status
>     git commit -m "user32: fixed edit for <insert Windows OS version
> here>."

I'd like to take this opportunity to advertize git add --interactive. I think
you need a 1.5.3.x git but git add --interactive is a tool I really don't
want to miss anymore.

Cheers,
Kai

--