Thoughts on implementation of winhttp.dll

Hans Leidekker hans at meelstraat.net
Wed Jul 2 04:59:14 CDT 2008

On Tuesday 01 July 2008 21:42:30 Zac Brown wrote:

> Does anyone have thoughts on implementing parts of winhttp in terms of
> wininet? The primary issue that prevents entirely implementing winhttp in
> terms of wininet is that there is no direct Win32 API for fetching an SSL
> certificate in winhttp.

Would InternetQueryOption(INTERNET_OPTION_SECURITY_CERTIFICATE) not do
what you want? There are other problems to be solved though, filtered
callbacks and authentication come to mind.

This topic has been discussed before and I even wrote a proof of concept
patch, all of which can be found in the list archives.

 -Hans