[quartz/tests] Make tests run on everything lower then Vista (Try 2)

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 08:02:48 CDT 2008

Alexander Dorofeyev wrote:
> Paul Vriens wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> RegDeleteTreeW is only available on Vista. (Were these tests run on
>> Windows to
>> verify?).
> Yes most of it was tested on XP, except this final registry cleanup
> thing, sorry my mistake.  Also it ran without errors with previous
> version of your patch on XP here.
>> This version simply replaces the RegDeleteTree by a RegDeleteKey
>> (which is
>> sufficient as there is only one value underneath the key).
> This is not necessarily the case, Filtermapper's Register... methods add
> values and create subkeys in that key. I think it will have at least
> "Pins" subkey in the end. It was causing problms, until I found what I
> thought is a good safe and easy solution (RegDeleteTree). To ensure
> everything is removed, and especially if some Unregister.. calls fail
> for whatever reason, it really is preferable to do a recursive delete.
> If it takes copypasting a function then so be it. I think your previous
> patch was better, but maybe somebody noticed a problem with it, I don't
> know.

I've checked this on W2K3 and WinXP-SP3 and it only creates that one registry
key with one value (Default) underneath. There is another key created which
isn't deleted:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ActiveMovie\devenum\{guid}

This key has 4 values.

This key is overwritten when a new registration occurs.

--
Cheers,

Paul.