gdi32: Implement automatic font substitution

Huang, Zhangrong hzhrong at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 09:56:03 CDT 2008

Hi,

2008/7/2 Liu Qishuai <lqs.buaa at gmail.com>:
> No.
>
> 1. In Windows XP, I deleted the FontLink register key and rebooted,
> and the Chinese characters are still displaying correctly.

I guess gdi32.dll has hard-coded the default FontLink registry, of
course no prove.

> 2. I moved simsun.ttc (The default font in Simplified Chinese) to
> another directory and rebooted. Windows XP automatically uses
> simhei.ttf (another Chinese font) to display Chinese characters. There
> is no register key for this font.

This doesn't prove anything, creating a non-existent font will return
mostly related font.

On Japanese Windows, if user select a Latin font in notepad,  CJK
chars will display incorrect.
And I have a Simplified Chinese Windows XP box, which also displays
CJK chars as squares, I have no idea what's wrong.

--
$ apt-get moo
 (__)