Announcing dates and location for Wineconf 2008

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Wed Jul 2 14:13:35 CDT 2008

Hi Folks,

Thanks to the volunteer efforts of James Ramey (new guy in our office),
we now have a great venue for WineConf 2008.

I've put together a page on it here:
  http://wiki.winehq.org/WineConf2008

The key details are that it will be over the weekend of September 27 and 28,
at a hotel in Bloomington, MN.  I promise that it won't be mind numbingly cold,
and I won't make any one traipse to see an ice palace this year <grin>.

In fact, it's a nice hotel, quite close to the airport, the Mall of America,
a Wildlife refuge, and to a stop for our light rail system.

Additionally, I believe we will be able to offer fairly substantial
travel sponsorships for people that find the cost of travel prohibitive.
Email me privately if that would be a help.

And for those Europeans that hate US policies, I'll point out two things:
  1.  January 20, 2009 is fast approaching.
  2.  1 Euro gets you $1.60, which is a whole lot of cheap beer

At any rate, if you're interested in coming to Wineconf this year, please visit
the Wiki and sign up for the wineconf mailing list: