winequartz.drv Mac OS X UI discontinued?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at sprintpcs.com
Fri Jul 4 16:25:41 CDT 2008

Emmanuel Maillard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le 4 juil. 08 à 12:37, Adam Strzelecki a écrit :
>

>> Hi Emmanuel, hello Wine developers,
>>
>> Latest WineQuartz.drv patch is 0.9.58. Is there any change for more
>> recent release? I tried this patch with 1.0-1 however it has too
>> many conflicts.
>> It would be most convenient if you had just update http://repo.or.cz/w/wine/winequartzdrv.git
>>  to match 1.1.0 somehow and include Quartz.

Good to read from you.
> I resolved conflicts for wine-1.0, but didn't take a look yet for
> wine-1.1.0, i just know that's some changes in user32 and winex11.drv
> have to be update in winequartz.drv too.

Please contact me off-list when this is complete.  I would like to get
this into Darwine and see what needs to be fixed.  I would like to see
Darwine become a more complete Mac application and to leave X11 behind.
Not that the current program is not complete, but Mac users tend to not
like to look at and use X11 based applications.
> I will see this week end if i can find free time to make a new patch
> for winequartz.drv and send it to SourceForge.
> (OpenGL is broken in winequartz.drv actually, because of a lack of
> time to fix it)

The rumor was that OpenGL was broken in Mac OS X and not in
winequartz.drv.  Thank you for the clarification.

I for one, support your ongoing efforts to support the Quartz interface
for Mac OS X applications, like Wine.

James McKenzie