Tricking program into seeing actual gfx driver not WINE's

Chris Robinson chris.kcat at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 23:39:24 CDT 2008

On Friday 04 July 2008 09:17:09 pm Seth Shelnutt wrote:
> I just
> want to make sure "driver" actually means "driver" Which would be "nvidia
> 173.14" and description simply the card correct?
>
>         Adapters[0].driver = "Display";
>         Adapters[0].description = "Direct3D HAL";
>

>         Adapters[0].driver = "Nvidia 173.14";
>         Adapters[0].description = "Nvidia 8800 GT";

IIRC, the 'driver' portion, when I looked on Windows, was the actual DLL used
for hardware (some nv*.dll for nVidia). For the second, I have the
description set to a duplicate of what glString(GL_RENDERER); returns, in my
personal tree. Some people aren't keen on that change though because of the
concern that some apps may make inappropriate assumptions based on the
description string.