Patch feedback

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at orange.fr
Sun Jul 6 14:36:16 CDT 2008

Lei Zhang a écrit :
> On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 6:55 AM, Alexander Nicolaysen Sørnes
> <alex at thehandofagony.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would really appreciate any feedback as to how these patches can be improved
>> so that they will be accepted into Wine.
>>
>> regedit: Add support for importing Unicode files
>> http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2008-June/056856.html
>>
>> I know this patch is a little big, but I'm not sure how it could be split up
>> without possible data loss on import.  Is that acceptable?  I could for
>> instance make a first patch that merely reads the file as Uncode then
>> converts each line to multibyte characters.
>>

> Sure. How about:
>
> 1 patch for the first two utility functions.
> 1 patch for each W version of an existing function.
> 1 or 2 patches to glue it all together.

duplicating a lot of functions for A/W compatibility just shows that the
internals of regedit should be moved to unicode first
then your patch will be relatively straightforward
A+

--
Eric Pouech
"The problem with designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete idiot." (Douglas Adams)