New winetricks 20080704: added firefox3, kde verbs (and a whole lot of other stuff)

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Jul 6 23:35:39 CDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 8:47 PM, Zachary Goldberg <zgs at seas.upenn.edu> wrote:
> I in no way mean to second guess your work but I checked out the diff
> for the most recent commit for how winetricks handled FF3.  It seems
> all it does is download it and install it, no "tricks".  Do we want
> winetricks to become a generic application installer?  I thoughts its
> main purpose was to perform some non-obvious tricks to get difficult
> things to install.

I put things in there that I find myself installing often for testing purposes.
Firefox is one of those things.  Steven Edwards sent
me a patch about the time I was thinking of adding it, so
in it went.

I do have two other scripts for applications.
First,
http://kegel.com/wine/migrating-user-1.html
links to
http://kegel.com/wine/migrating-user-1.sh
which can install 14 random apps user #1 wanted.
Second,
http://code.google.com/p/winezeug/source/browse/trunk/codecdemo
is a little script that installs a media player and some
codecs (mostly using winetricks), and a bunch of demo videos.

Those aren't ever going into winetricks.  I only mention
this to show that I do have *some* sense of taste.
- Dan