mlang/tests: don't assume output of ConvertStringFromUnicode is null terminated

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Jul 7 00:08:49 CDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 10:29 AM, James Hawkins <truiken at gmail.com> wrote:
> No, this is hiding a bug.  The test code conforms with the API.  The
> problem is that ConvertINetMultiByteToUnicode uses the value of an
> out-only parameter (NULL pDstStr, non-NULL pcDstSize).  Check out the
> code block in mlang.c:632.

Yeah, that's what I figured you thought, but your fix
doesn't actually get rid of the error message,
and the error is happening on
            *pcSrcSize = lstrlenA(pSrcStr);
in ConvertINetMultiByteToUnicode.

The conformance test shows on line 197 that
IMultiLanguage2_ConvertStringFromUnicode
doesn't null-terminate its output.  So it's wrong for
check_convertible to rely on it to do so.

Am I missing something?  I still believe in my patch...
- Dan