[dplayx 02/29] Tests for DirectPlayCreate

Michael Karcher wine at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Fri Jul 11 10:47:30 CDT 2008

Am Freitag, den 11.07.2008, 18:11 +0300 schrieb Ismael Barros:
> On 7/11/08, Michael Karcher <wine at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> If it's not that bad, would it be okay to leave it with the deadbeef
> solution, with a TODO comment to do it the right way later? Right now
> I would like to focus on other functionality (correct networking etc),
> and maybe leave that kind of details for after GSoC. From a pragmatic
> point of view, I doubt many games make use of theese COM features,
> while they still can't properly enumerate service providers.
Probably no one ever calls DirectPlayCreate with unkOuter != NULL, as it
is documented to not work. You may well postpone this check, it seems to
be academic. On the other hand, it is quite easy. I have attached a
patch to make the DirectDrawPalette creation test use a real IUnknown.
You can copy that, if you like.

> Great input, I'll bear it in mind :)
That's what wine-devel is for.

Regards,