[dplayx] New library dpwsockx, needed by dplayx

Ismael Barros razielmine at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 12:49:56 CDT 2008

On 7/12/08, James Hawkins <truiken at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 12:25 PM, Ismael Barros <razielmine at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Nop, actually I also thought the best solution would be to move that
>> file to include, because in fact it's just copied from dlls/dplayx,
>> but AFAIK wine doesn't want to put in include files that are not
>> originally present in Windows.
>>
>> However, if it's okay I'll move it, much better. I will also have to
>> implement a stub modem provider, so I would have to copy that
>> dplaysp.h again to dlls/dpmodemx, and any change in those definitions
>> would have to be done three times...
>>

> If it's not in the SDK, it can't go into include.  Also, please
> bottom-post on this mailing list.

As the Peter Hunnisett (author of dplaysp.h) told me, you have to ask
Microsoft for the documentation and interface to create a new service
provider, as this information was not made public because they never
thought it were to become useful for anyone. I suppose this file was
extracted from that documentation, but I can't confirm it yet.