[dplayx] New library dpwsockx, needed by dplayx

Ismael Barros razielmine at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 12:59:02 CDT 2008

On 7/13/08, Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:
> Michael Karcher <wine at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de> writes:
>
>> Hello Alexandre,
>>
>> this thread is about an include file specifying the interface between
>> dplayx.dll and the DirectPlay service providers. As it is not in the
>> Windows Platform SDK, James Hawkins explained that it may not go into
>> include. This file is shared between dplayx and the service providers,
>> currently two copies exist (if the patch that started the discussion
>> gets applied), and if a modem provider gets written, three copies exist.
>> What do you think would be the appropriate location of that file?
>
> If it's part of some DirectPlay SDK then it can go in include, otherwise
> it will probably have to go in include/wine.

It's not part of any official DirectPlay SDK, but I suppose it's part
of the documentation Microsoft provides if you ask them for the
interfaces needed to develop a new service provider. However I can't
confirm this yet (they agreed to provide me the documentation, but
I've got no news from them since then), so include/wine is probably
the place then.

What would be the exact path? include/wine/dplaysp.h?
include/wine/dplay/dplaysp.h?

Cheers
Ismael