[1/10] WineD3D: Add extension information to the states

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg231 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 05:43:35 CDT 2008

Stefan Dösinger wrote:
> A function pointer is a nice idea actually. I don't think we'll ever need
> more than one extension per state line though,
You already have this case:

    } else if(GL_SUPPORT(NV_REGISTER_COMBINERS) &&
GL_SUPPORT(NV_TEXTURE_SHADER2)) {
        return &nvts_fragment_pipeline;

> IMO the current way is easier to read,
I don't know about that - a pointer called "is_<something>_supported"
seems just as readable to me.

>  and until we need a more flexible
> solution I'd pledge to keep the current code, since no matter what we(I)
> would have to rewrite it. It is a pain to rewrite/modify a set of patches so
> I don't want to do it unless we're certain we'll need it

I don't feel strongly about it either way, but the argument that "it
will never happen" doesn't seem very convincing. "It will compile
several ms slower" is probably a better case to make, but at Init3D-time
we probably don't care how fast it is.

Ivan