Midterm evaluations for summer of code students

Dylan Smith dylan.ah.smith at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 10:48:45 CDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 5:39 PM, Maarten Lankhorst <m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi students,
>
> As you might know it's time for midterm evaluations. Unfortunately for
> some students I haven't seen the progress they made, and I highly
> encourage all students to send their patches early and often, even if
> it's not yet finished.
>
> Also, I would like to hear from all students now a reflection. What
> went well, and what didn't, and what did you accomplish so far? :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Maarten.

I have done well in getting used to the richedit code, and have managed to
send plenty of bug fixes which show this fact.

The main task that I have been working towards has been implementing tables
in richedit controls.  The main difficulty in this was redesigning the code
to support nesting multiple paragraphs in a cell, and nesting tables within
tables.  I have ended up changing my design choices a few times which has
slowed me down, but I still think I am on track to finishing this task since
I have made enough progress.

I am definitely finding this to be a rewarding experience, and I have
learning a lot through this summer.