ntoskrnl tests - where to write them?

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Fri Jul 18 22:15:48 CDT 2008

> I have been looking at writing a couple of tests for ntoskrl functions
> but I have had difficulty locating a suitable place.   It sort of looks
> like ntdll/tests is the place  but it is not clear.  Is there a guide
> for locating this one?
I think the problem with ntoskrnl tests is that they have to come in form of
a Windows device driver. I  think so far Wine and Mingw lack the capability
to build such drivers. Also running such tests will require Admin privileges
on Windows, and impose security problems. (Of course the tests could be
skipped if the user lacks prilvileges to load the test)