[RFC] crypt32: fixed the base64 tests on Vista.

Reece Dunn msclrhd at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 20 09:33:09 CDT 2008

This patch fixes the base64 tests on Vista
(http://test.winehq.org/data/b3f4091b47e70681a9909bfccd19dee95657fabd/vista_APetacciaVistaNXSet/crypt32:base64.html),
however to me this feels wrong.

In the call to pCryptStringToBinaryA, Vista is returning TRUE in some
cases, and for those is sometimes not setting GetLastError(), and in
others is setting it to ERROR_INVALID_DATA (even when it is returning
TRUE!). For these cases, it is also not skipping any characters.

To me, without understanding this in any more detail, it looks as if
Vista is broken here (and thus the Vista return parts should be marked
as broken()). However, Vista may be doing the right thing, and thus
the behaviour in these cases has changed between XP and Vista. The
latter seems more likely, but I do not have any experience in this
area, nor understand these tests well enough to say one way or the
other.

Any ideas?

- Reece