one liner patch to stop crash, everquest2.exe

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Mon Jul 21 09:28:31 CDT 2008

> Ah, so it's essentially a recursive Reset call. My guess would be that
> we don't want to allow that, but it requires some tests on native
> win32 to verify. You could try returning WINED3DERR_INVALIDCALL when
> Reset gets called from inside another Reset call, to see how the
> application reacts to that.
This also raises another question regarding the window handling in wined3d:
Are we allowed / supposed to modify the window size and position of the
destination window the app supplies like this? A lot of apps seem to need
that, otherwise the rendering is placed incorrectly or not visible because
the window is hidden. However, it could be that Windows somehow renders
correctly without changing the Window's properties.

So the SetWindowPos() call in Reset() might be the wrong thing here. It is
not entirely unexpected that the app calls Reset when it receives a Window
position / size change. If the Window size changes, the app is supposed to
reset the D3D device, otherwise the rendering output is stretched in
Present(which can look kinda ugly)