IWineD3DDeviceImpl_SetRenderState

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Sun Jul 27 15:15:14 CDT 2008

> so valid values would be max FFFFFFFF=
> ALPHA(FF)RED(FF)GREEN(FF)BLUE(FF)
Which is the whole range of a DWORD. A DWORD is between 0 and 0xFFFFFFFF. So
the if check will never evaluate to true. (Also checking a DWORD for <0 is
redundant because a DWORD is unsigned, thus never < 0)

> I can change that.. no biggie... how often is SetRenderState called?
> and
> if you look most of the  if's except a few are relatively small...
SetRenderState is called *often*. The problem with the ifs isn't how big the
block in them is, but if there's an if at all.

Of course, if there is an application that runs into problems because we
should reject a SetRenderState call, I won't argue about performance any
longer; But for now that isn't the case.