WWN announcements on WineHQ

Zachary Goldberg zgold at bluesata.com
Wed Jul 30 09:53:15 CDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 10:38 AM, Alexandre Julliard
<julliard at winehq.org> wrote:
> Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> writes:
>
>> On http://www.winehq.org/ we have the following news items:
>>
>>    July 13, 2008: Wine Weekly News Issue 349
>>
>>        WWN Issue 349 was released today.
>>
>>    June 18, 2008: Wine Weekly News Issue 348
>>
>>        WWN Issue 348 was released today.
>>

>> That's pretty lame. Should either have a 2 or 3 sentence summary for the
>> WWN releases, or simply reuse the index we show in the 'Weekly
>> Newsletters' box.
>
> I think reusing the index is a good idea, it's short enough to include
> in a news item and it gives a good overview of the contents of that
> issue.
>
> --
> Alexandre Julliard
> julliard at winehq.org

As long as we are okay that for the for the duration of time in which
the news item is on the front page it will be redundant with the side
box I am alright with this as well (I think this is mitigated by the
fact that in the RSS it won't be redundant and instead will be very
useful).

I can modify my scripts to include the index in the news item that I
send in with the patch.

Zachary Goldberg
Computer Science & Engineering
Electrical Captain of Penn Electric Race Team
School of Engineering at the University of Pennsylvania