[crypt32/tests] Don't crash on win9x

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 12:45:48 CDT 2008

Juan Lang wrote:
> Hi Paul, thanks very much for looking into the crypt32 tests.
>
> -    /* Weird--bad add disposition leads to an access violation in Windows.
> -     */
> (snip)
> +    if (!on_win9x)
> +    {
> +        /* Weird--bad add disposition leads to an access violation in Windows.
> +         * Both tests crash on win9x
> +         */
>
> This suggests to me that the test should just be removed, as it's very
> unlikely that an application will depend on such behavior.  Leaving it
> around with an if (0) around it seems reasonable too.  Any of these
> tests whose behavior is inconsistent across Windows versions,
> especially where some Windows versions crash, are good candidates for
> removal, IMO.
> --Juan

I just saw that there was a win98x box that actually didn't crash on these
tests. The dll version was a bit newer then mine so that could be the main
difference between crashing or not.

I'll change the patch to get rid of the on_win98 and just skip ( if(0) ) the
crashing tests. I will also change the ones that are currently commented out
into an if(0).

--
Cheers,

Paul.