DLL loading prolem when injecting into another process

Hongbo Ni hongbo_ni at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 31 19:26:22 CDT 2008

> Rolf Kalbermatter wrote:> > Not sure about what you mean with injecting here but in normal application operation> when loading a DLL explicitedly from a specific directory (which is not the current> directory nor the application directory or one of the standard search paths),
> Windows
did you mean 'Wine', i know ms-windows has no problem.

> will not resolve to other DLLs implicitedly loaded by that DLL eventhough they are in> the same directory than the referencing DLL.

This is exactly the another situation I am going to explain. Thanks.

I have produced a patch to load the imported dll from same directory
as the referring DLL when import_dll() fail to load from standard
locations (current dir, app dir and PATH)

But I did not know how to write test case for it since there are other DLL involved.

Regards
Hongbo Ni