Winetest grrr...

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Sun Jun 1 08:14:21 CDT 2008

On Fri, 30 May 2008, Juan Lang wrote:
[...]
> I thought I'd run winetest.exe from Paul Millar's site, just
> in case the compilation environment had something to do with it.
[...]
> How the ^$*@ am I supposed to produce a test when the existing ones
> fail/crash/burn for me?  Grrr...

I'm not saying that the it's ok for the tests to crash/freeze your
system. But here's a workaround for 'extracting' the test executables
from Paul Millar's exe. Start winetest, wait until the first test
starts, and then kill winetest.exe (or close the winetest window). Then
you can find the test binaries in c:\Windows\Temp\wct (or possibly
c:\Documents and Settings\your account\Local Settings\Temp or something
like that). Then you can run just the test you want. And yes, it would
be nice if the winetest GUI was better and let you do that more cleanly.

          Demander si un ordinateur peut penser revient à demander
                         si un sous-marin peut nager.