Crash in test d3d9:stateblock with warn+heap is a wine bug

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg231 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 05:23:27 CDT 2008

Ivan Gyurdiev wrote:
> Michael Karcher wrote:
>> Does anyone knows whether the test has this been written buggy on
>> purpose (some app does this), or it is by accident?
>>

> Probably the first one - I wrote the test with rather limited
> understanding of how rendertargets work.
> I don't think there was a specific application need driving this test.
>
> The intention was to test how the stateblock behaves under different
> event sequences - for example if the rendertarget is changed.
> I see the test is doing its job uncovering interesting behavior :)

s/ "first one"/"second one"/

I guess the reason why switching the render target was tested in
particular was some weird code manipulating the stateblock when Wine was
switching rendertargets, which I was interested in testing. The last
event sequence should probably be dropped if it's invalid, but I would
keep the rest, since the test has uncovered a number of bugs in the past.

Ivan