How to handle lack of internet connection in conformance tests

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 14:22:05 CDT 2008

For curiousity's sake, I tested my work XP box today, first as usual,
then after a reboot and disabling the network connection:

http://test.winehq.org/data/b4bf3553c4071a2a6979f1df08ae75aadde94b4b/#group_XP

http://test.winehq.org/data/b4bf3553c4071a2a6979f1df08ae75aadde94b4b/xp_aenglish-xp-sp2/report
http://test.winehq.org/data/b4bf3553c4071a2a6979f1df08ae75aadde94b4b/xp_aenglish-xp-no-net/report

Most of the tests came out the same, with some spurious failures in
MSI/dinput/user32/etc. The interesting ones would be the
urlmon/wininet. Some of these tests timeout (urlmon: protocol/url,
wininet:http) , some failed (msxml3:domdoc), and some still passed(!)
(wininet:ftp, wininet:generated, wininet:internet, wininet:url,
wininet:urlcache, ws2_32:protocol, urlmon:misc).

I haven't tested wine yet, as I can't bring down the network
connection on any of the boxes I can currently test on, but I'll do so
when I next get a chance. Either way, seems some of this behavior
could be made more consistent (if network connection is down, either
skip or timeout, but don't fail). I may try later with leaving the
network connection up but removing the internet connection at the
router...

-Austin