ddraw: Don't release ddraw if a surface is still using it.

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Tue Jun 3 04:01:10 CDT 2008

Am Sonntag, 1. Juni 2008 16:22:08 schrieb Jens Albretsen:
> You're right, if we expect every program to behave.
> I guess we need a hook for wined3d (if we not already have it) to restore
> the state back at process termination, if there is stuff not freed,
> changed video modes and such.
Nope, that doesn't work. I have a hack to do that in CrossOver, but it
confuses Eve Online, since Eve gets some display mode change messages at
shutdown, and crashes right before it would exit normally. It's not much of
an issue, but in rare cases the debugger gets stuck and the process becomes
zombie-ish.

I think on Windows this is done by some external app/module, maybe
explorer.exe.