Time to revert bad commits?

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Tue Jun 3 07:48:24 CDT 2008

Am Dienstag, 3. Juni 2008 13:01:11 schrieb Fabian Bieler:
> I did some testing using the Half-Life 2 intro and outro (dxlevel 81).
> Attached is a spreadsheet with the instruction and register counts of the
> compiled shaders (aquired via __GL_WriteProgramObjectAssembly). The
> difference is not as big as I expected (I stumbled over one of the more
> significant cases (fasm_164_0.txt of the outro: 13 vs. 9 instructions) some
> time ago and made a wrong extrapolation ;-)).
I guess it is worth investigating this further, but after Wine 1.0. It would
be fairly easy to load the stringable floats into the program string and keep
the ones where this would cause precision loss loaded via glUniform4f. All we
have to do is to set a flag per local constant and test this flag in two
places