[2/2] gdi32/dib: Fix palette of 1bpp DIB in GetDIBits

Michael Karcher wine at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Sun Jun 8 05:45:40 CDT 2008

Am Sonntag, den 08.06.2008, 10:15 +0200 schrieb Eric Pouech:
> > obviously correct" solution to it. I let Eric submit a patch if he
> > wants, as he tracked down the problem. If he tells me to go on, I
> > will submit my version myself instead.
> >
> I didn't retest after your two patches, but basically what my patch does is:
> - ensure we convert non black pixels (from DIB) into white pixels (in
> monochrome bitmap) in all cases
You probably mean non-black pixels (from DDB), as the XImage we are
getting the pixels from is a DDB, not a DIB. My suggestion to the fix
is, to attach the right color table to the DDB in the first place. 1-bit
monochrome DDBs seem to be black/white in windows. This is what my patch
does (attached), I also sent it to you by private mail.

> - zero out the end of lines (after last pixel up to next dword aligned bit)
I skipped this part, as you also suggest. There is no test currently
that tests for this behaviour, and it is not needed to fix Easy Grade
Pro. This should be a seperate patch, if needed.

> regarding this last patch and Michael comment: I'm only concerned with
> having the best fix in wine (who ever wrote it)
> so what's your idea about the fix ?
See the attachment. That's the message ready to go to wine-patches.

Regards,
  Michael Karcher