Valgrind and COD4

Rico kgbricola at web.de
Sun Jun 8 09:07:50 CDT 2008

Hi,

I tried valgrind and wine with COD4 demo but I couldn't get the game
running. I have to say that "~/Desktop/wine/native/wine iw3sp.exe" let
run the game. With /usr/local/valgrind-svn/bin/valgrind
--trace-children=yes ~/Desktop/wine/native/wine iw3sp.exe I got the
attached log file. I was running both from the same location
(/home/ricola/.wine/drive_c/Programme/cod4). The next thing is that
other apps are working well (like CodeBlocks or notepad) with wine and
valgrind. If I don't set the --trace-children=yes argument the app
starts fine (but that's not what I like to do, isn't it?).

COD4 isn't the only app which isn't working. It also affects 3Dmark 2001
and 03.

Any hints about this?

My goal is to check for memory leaks in wine, not in COD4. Because
several apps crash with out of memory error.

Cheers
Rico