notepad: updated French translation

Jonathan Ernst jonathan at ernstfamily.ch
Mon Jun 9 01:23:07 CDT 2008

Hello,

Le dimanche 08 juin 2008 à 23:59 +0100, Rob Shearman a écrit :
> 2008/6/7 Jonathan Ernst <jonathan at ernstfamily.ch>:
> > Le samedi 07 juin 2008 à 10:57 +0200, Laurent Vromman a écrit :
> [...]
> >> "À &propos du Bloc-notes..." and not "À &propos de Bloc-notes..."
> >
> > I changed it and removed the extra ellipsis to conform to most HIGs (eg. Gnome's : http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/hig-diff/menus-design.html)
> >

> The Windows style is to include the ellipsis whenever a menu item will
> normally result in a dialog box appearing, not just when further user
> input is required. I think it is more important to be consistent with
> what we already have in Wine and with native equivalents of our
> programs than to conform with certain HIGs.

Do you have any reference for this Windows rule ?

I didn't find it and Firefox, Internet Explorer, Notepad, Paint and
OpenOffice on Windows (in French at least) do not have ellipsis in About
menu entry (altough Firefox has a special "?" Menu in Windows instead of
"Help").

As for what we already have in Wine, regedit and wordpad don't have
ellipsis in this place, so I think that notepad is inconsistent with the
rest of Wine.

Regards.

Jonathan