iPod patches

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 05:12:24 CDT 2008

Hello Austin,

2008/6/9 Austin English <austinenglish at gmail.com>:
> Howdy Maarten,
>
> I'm trying to do some dogfood testing with iTunes, and am building a
> wine build with a few hacks to get around the ddraw blacking bug, iPod
> support, etc. I tried applying your patch for iPod support, but it
> seems that patch has a lot of conflicts with recent wine versions. I
> was about to go through and start settling them manually, but thought
> you may have a version laying around in your git tree that applies
> (relatively) cleanly to 1.0-rc4.

The most recent iteration is at:
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2008-May/054483.html

It should still apply cleanly, since the last patch touches
wineserver, you have to run tools/make_requests from the top of the
wine tree to update all wineserver related files.

I added wine-devel to CC since lots of people asked me about it.

The downside is that it still doesn't work 100%, for some reason there
is a huge delay every time the ipod is used.

How to use it:

Set windows version to vista
Install iTunes
Mount the ipod
'wine net start "ipod service"'
Wait 10 seconds or so
start itunes, it should take 3 minutes instead of instantly. (From the
delay above)

There is a race condition if the ipod service isn't started before
itunes is, resulting in the ipod not being found. Might be a wine bug,
but I'm not 100% sure.

Cheers,
Maarten.

Cheers,