iTunes ipod support

Ben Engbers Ben.Engbers at BrouwerCP.nl
Fri Jun 13 19:08:12 CDT 2008

Hi,

A few days ago, I bought an iPod classic.
When I connect it to my laptop (running FC7) the iPod shows up on the
desktop.
I downloaded iTunessetup.exe from the Apple site and it installed under
Wine without problems.
iTunes looks good, scanned my system and found all the MP3's, but it
doesn't detect the iPod.
(Amarok recognizes the iPod but every time I try to synchronize, the
iPod database gets corrupted and I have to ask my daughter to
reinitialize the iPod :-( so I cant't use that either)

How I can I figure out why iTunes does not detect the iPod?
Ben