Development plans

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Wed Jun 18 07:22:49 CDT 2008

Hello Alexandre,

good job on 1.0. Hopefully now the time of boring commit messages is over ;)

Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> The process I suggest for the 1.0.1 release is as follows:
>
> - all bugs should be fixed in the master branch first
> - once a bug fix has been committed to master, the corresponding bug
>   report should be marked fixed, with the sha1 of the commit fixing it
> - the bug report should then be put into the 1.0.1 milestone.
>
> This will allow me to periodically query for 1.0.1 bugs that are fixed
> in master and cherry-pick the corresponding commits into the stable
> branch.
What about patches that have no associated bug report but can and
probably should be cherry picked into stable? Translation patches come
to mind as a class of patches that would fall under this. We could
require bugzilla entries for each of them but I'm not sure we want to do
that. I mean one bugzilla per patch though 1 entry referencing a lot of
patches should be doable.

bye
	michael