Valgrind status: 115 errors left

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Fri Jun 20 11:13:43 CDT 2008

Dan Kegel wrote:
> Changes since yesterday:
> - Added two patches by Huw, one by Roy
> - Removed one by Roy that's now in git
>
> This plus other improvements in git get us down to 115,
> rather a stunning improvement from a few days ago.
>
> Please join the party!  We can use all the help we can get
> getting rid of these bugs; though many are innocuous to users,
> a few aren't, and they're all annoying to anyone using valgrind.
>
> When you're running valgrind yourself, you probably want
> to run it like I do in
> http://kegel.com/wine/valgrind/runtest.patch
> with the  --workaround-gcc296-bugs=yes option
> (regardless of which compiler you use),
> else you'll see a warning about invalid stack use
> on each exception.
>
> Report showing unique nonleak errors:
> http://kegel.com/wine/valgrind/logs-2008-06-19.counts.txt
>
> Logs:
> http://kegel.com/wine/valgrind/logs-2008-06-19.log.gz
> http://kegel.com/wine/valgrind/logs-2008-06-19/
>
> Pending wine patches:
> http://kegel.com/wine/valgrind/logs-2008-06-19-patches/
> http://kegel.com/wine/valgrind/logs-2008-06-19-patches.tgz
> http://kegel.com/wine/valgrind/logs-2008-06-19-patch.txt
>
> Suppression file:
> http://kegel.com/wine/valgrind/valgrind-suppressions

Do you think it appropriate to say that Valgrind-completeness should be
a release criteria?  It would be nice if Wine 1.2 didn't ship with any
Valgrind warnings about anything (leaks included), which would, for
instance, make it much easier for Windows developers to Valgrind their
applications.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie