new failing tests

Alex Villací­s Lasso a_villacis at palosanto.com
Mon Jun 23 12:30:59 CDT 2008

James Hawkins escribió:
> Hi Alex,
>
> The following commit introduces several windows test failures across
> the board in riched20:
>
> commit 0e9ed5c10e3ac6b253712037f0b30046a5656239
> Author: Alex Villacís Lasso <a_villacis at palosanto.com>
> Date:   Sun May 11 09:54:58 2008 -0500
>
>     richedit: Empty text should result in a scroll range of 0. Tests
> for this behavior.
>
> Please take a look at the test results and either fix the tests or
> send in a patch to remove them.
>
> http://test.winehq.org
>
> Thanks,
> James Hawkins

Hmmm...

I have been doing some tests at home that suggest that native richedit
never reads the actual scrollbar state (with either GetScrollInfo or
GetScrollBarInfo), but caches it instead, and that when the text does
not need to be scrolled, the native behavior is to hide the scrollbar,
not set it to zero (so the previous scroll range of the hidden scrollbar
is still externally readable). The values on win9x seem bogus, so it
seems that either native leaves the scrollbars uninitialized until first
use, or GetScrollInfo is failing on the richedit window. I will look
into it.

--
perl -e '$x=2.4;print sprintf("%.0f + %.0f = %.0f\n",$x,$x,$x+$x);'