New scroll test, help in figuring out Win9x (Was: Re: new failing tests)

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 12:39:38 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 12:28 PM, Alex Villací­s Lasso
<a_villacis at palosanto.com> wrote:
> James Hawkins escribió:
>>
>> Hi Alex,
>>
>> The following commit introduces several windows test failures across
>> the board in riched20:
>>
>> commit 0e9ed5c10e3ac6b253712037f0b30046a5656239
>> Author: Alex Villacís Lasso <a_villacis at palosanto.com>
>> Date:   Sun May 11 09:54:58 2008 -0500
>>
>>    richedit: Empty text should result in a scroll range of 0. Tests
>> for this behavior.
>>
>> Please take a look at the test results and either fix the tests or
>> send in a patch to remove them.
>>
>> http://test.winehq.org
>>
>> Thanks,
>> James Hawkins
>>

> I am trying to debug the cause of this. However, I have run into a strange
> problem.
>
> The root cause of the failing tests is that GetScrollInfo() is failing when
> applied to the newly created richedit window. On Windows XP-SP2 it fails and
> sets GetLastError() to ERROR_NO_SCROLLBARS. On Win9x, it fails, but leaves
> the last error unset. To figure out the behavior of the richedit scrollbars,
> I decided to add a test for the standard scrollbars on a generic window, so
> that I have a standard to compare the richedit windows against.
>
> The result of this is the attached patch. What I can deduce is the
> following: on window creation, the scrollbars are set to a range of 0 to 100
> with page 0 and position 0, but attempts to read such ranges will fail if
> the window lacks both the WS_VSCROLL and the WS_HSCROLL styles - until a
> range is explicitly assigned to either scrollbar, in which it suddenly
> becomes readable for both. As it stands, this test passes on WinXP-SP2 (but
> not in Wine). The problem is that, on Win9x only, it seems that the styles
> WS_VSCROLL and WS_HSCROLL are not being set even when requested in the
> CreateWindowExA(). The end result is that on Win9x (but not on WinXP-SP2),
> the following failure appears
>
> Unexpected WS_HSCROLL style, found 0 expected 1
>
> or
>
> Unexpected WS_VSCROLL style, found 0 expected 1
>
> I refuse to believe this to be a genuine difference between Win9x and
> WinXP-SP2, but I cannot figure out yet what I am doing wrong. Do you have
> any ideas?

I don't have any ideas about that.  Can you please focus on fixing the
failures in win2k and up first?  Then you can try to fix the tests in
win9x.  The following failures occur on all platforms:

editor.c:690: Test failed: 0, cf2.dwEffects == 0x44000001 expected
effect 0x00000001 clear
editor.c:697: Test failed: 0, cf2.dwMask == 0xfeffffff expected mask
0x00000001 clear
editor.c:702: Test failed: 0, cf2.dwEffects == 0x44000001 expected
effect 0x00000001 clear
editor.c:731: Test failed: 0, cf2.dwEffects == 0x44000001 expected
effect 0x00000001 clear
editor.c:750: Test failed: 0, cf2.dwMask == 0xfeffffff expected mask
0x00000001 clear

Did you actually run the tests in windows before you submitted them?

--
James Hawkins