Some Questions From The Bugzilla Project

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 13:32:24 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 1:34 AM, Max Kanat-Alexander
<mkanat at bugzilla.org> wrote:
>        Hey there Wine Bugzilla folks. I've been funded by the Mozilla
> Foundation to do a survey of the major Bugzilla-using organizations in
> the world, to find out what people like and don't like about Bugzilla,
> what we could improve, what changes you'd like to see in Bugzilla,
> etc., and you guys are one of the organizations picked for the
> survey. :-)
>
>        The Bugzilla Project is going to use this information to
> prioritize its work on future releases, and we may even be able to get
> a grant from the Mozilla Foundation to work on some of the most popular
> or pressing issues. In other words, what you say here will really
> matter.
>
>        I was wondering--who's the best contact there who I could ask
> a few questions to about how you guys use Bugzilla? It'd just be over
> email, unless you want to do it over IRC or on the phone.
>
>        (Oh, and make sure you reply to me directly, since I'm not on
> the list.)
>
>        -Max
> --
> http://www.everythingsolved.com/
> Competent, Friendly Bugzilla and Perl Services. Everything Else, too.

I triage a lot of old bugs, so more boolean search options would be
nice. I'd especially like a 'days since last comment', 'last comment
by', 'last comment contains'. The ability to post a comment to several
bugs (perhaps, only available to admin/privileged users) would also be
nice.