Code Review and findings in d3d while working on figuring out why...

celticht32 at aol.com celticht32 at aol.com
Tue Jun 24 14:03:57 CDT 2008

Ok I have been wandering around the code in context.c and have found a few things that I have opened a bug on (14000)

but in further looking in context.c

if I comment out the lines between 237 and 245 wine seems to continue
working better infact? (I no longer get no iPixel errors using wine 1.0 with the latest ATI drivers)

My question is this why wouldn't you want to find a compatible mode
to use and just call the next few lines where it calls choose pixel
format and if that fails for what ever reason then say you cant find a
suitable iPixel format?

If you leave the section there the following occurs.

Start up EverQuest2.exe? it calls the iPixel function 3 times for some reason without the fix in bug 14000 it fails immediately. With the fix the first one succeeds then the second and third times it returns the no iPixel format to the application. If I comment out the above section it no longer fails at all but gets farther along. before throwing an unhandled exception (which happened before I started working with this problem ) which is documented in another bug (forget the number right now).

Chris

p.s. if needed I can post my context.c on the bug above or to the mailing list.. .just the function I have been working on....