Some Questions From The Bugzilla Project

Max Kanat-Alexander mkanat at bugzilla.org
Tue Jun 24 11:48:18 CDT 2008

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 11:18:25 -0500 "James Hawkins" <truiken at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Can we do this in an open forum like wine-devel instead of having one
> point of contact?  I think we all have particular issues with bugzilla
> that we don't necessarily communicate to the project.  Having said
> that, I think it's great that the Bugzilla Project is getting feedback
> from the open source community, and I'm glad we're one of the projects
> you would like input from.

	Yeah, you can gather the information in an open forum. I can
give you guys the questions and you can get the information and put it
up on a Wiki or compile it into a single email and all, if you want.

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 11:21:09 -0500 "Austin English"
<austinenglish at gmail.com> wrote:
> Administrators would be Dan Kegel, Jan Zerebecki, Jeremy Newman, and
> Tony Lambregts.
>
> A few of the devs/volunteers frequently triaging/verifying/etc. would
> be Dmitry Timoshkov, James Hawkins, Louis Lenders, Vitaliy Margolen
> and myself.

	Okay. Well, here are the questions, and you guys can come to a
decision on how you want to do the research or answer them. I'd
definitely be interested in having feedback from all the different
aspects of the community, triagers, developers, administrators, etc.

What version of Bugzilla are you currently running?

What problems do you have with Bugzilla? (What are the most commonly
experienced or reported problems, what are the most major problems?)

What features of Bugzilla do you use the most at your organization,
besides standard HTML bug searches, bug filing, and HTML bug viewing?

If not answered above, are either of the New Charts or Old Charts
reporting features of Bugzilla in common use at your organization?

What customizations have you done to Bugzilla that you'd really like to
see upstream?

What features would you like to see Bugzilla have in the future?

Are there any current features of Bugzilla that you'd like to see some
change in, even if only a little? (Work differently, look different,
fix some annoyance, etc.)

Any other feedback that you'd like to give to the Bugzilla Project?

	None of these questions are limited to any particular number of
freeform as you'd like--if you want to give us explanations of why
you've answered certain things, or explain more about anything, go
ahead!

	If you want any clarification on any question, just let me
know. :-) And if you want to take time to research any of them within
the community, that's fine too--I don't really need the answers until
July 7 (though sooner is of course always nicer).

	-Max
--
http://www.everythingsolved.com/
Competent, Friendly Bugzilla and Perl Services. Everything Else, too.