Some conformance tests a bit slow under Valgrind

Alex Villací­s Lasso a_villacis at palosanto.com
Fri Jun 27 11:22:06 CDT 2008

Dan Kegel escribió:
> Under Valgrind, on my nice fast e7200 system,
> the entire suite of tests takes about three hours to run.
>
> The slowest ten percent of the tests take over a third of the runtime.
>
> riched20's editor.c in particular spends way too long
> (I think) on test_EM_AUTOURLDETECT.
>
> The min, median, and max times to run a test
> are 10 seconds, 19 seconds, and 15 minutes.
>
> 15:44.05elapsed riched20.dll editor.c
> 6:35.94elapsed d3d9.dll visual.c
> 5:45.43elapsed shell32.dll shlexec.c
> 3:28.98elapsed kernel32.dll process.c
> 2:49.85elapsed winmm.dll wave.c
> 2:32.18elapsed kernel32.dll debugger.c
> 2:14.41elapsed gdiplus.dll font.c
> 1:44.54elapsed dsound.dll capture.c
> 1:29.51elapsed mshtml.dll dom.c
> 0:18.84elapsed shlwapi.dll path.c
> 0:18.83elapsed rpcrt4.dll cstub.c
> 0:09.92elapsed ntdll.dll path.c
> 0:09.92elapsed msvcrt.dll data.c
>
> I guess I'm not complaining, but perhaps we could tone
> down test_EM_AUTOURLDETECT a bit.

I agree that the tests could be toned down. I am open to suggestions on
what kind of toning down should be implemented. Personally, I would keep
full testing for WM_SETTEXT, but use just one valid URL for the rest of
the messages (WM_CHAR, EM_SETTEXTEX, EM_REPLACESEL). All of the known
delimiters should still be tested in full. Also, there should be a way
to re-enable full testing for all cases, maybe through an enviroment
variable.

--
perl -e '$x=2.4;print sprintf("%.0f + %.0f = %.0f\n",$x,$x,$x+$x);'