Menu entries?

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 20:07:46 CDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 4:01 PM, Warren Dumortier <nwarrenfl at gmail.com> wrote:
> What would you think of adding an entry in the wine menu to:
> 1) Launch wine reboot
> 2)Kill all wine processes
>
> This would be nice, imo. Also adding a error dialog when a program crashes
> or when a dll is missing would be nice.

Several Wine addon packages and vendor packages do this and I think
the RPMs add some menus for builtin Winelib tools. You might want to
talk to the packagers about adding a menu for wineboot. You could do a
script with xmessage, kdialog or zenity like Winetricks does for a
GUI. In Bordeaux I've hardcoded a GUI for this but that may change in
the future. Doing it from a script and a dynamicly generated UI is
really the best method for this I think as it needs to live outside of
Wine, iterate all of the WINEPREFIXES and run wineboot for each one.

If you search wine-patches I proposed a bit of a hack solution for
missing a missing dll message box but Alexandre did not like it and
I've yet to come up with a better method.

--
Steven Edwards