[Gdiplus 6/6] Don't check for succeeding functions, they always do

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 10:25:33 CDT 2008

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 9:50 AM, Adam Petaccia <adam at tpetaccia.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-06-27 at 19:19 -0500, James Hawkins wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 7:16 PM, Adam Petaccia <adam at tpetaccia.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Subject: [Gdiplus 6/6] We're not checking to see if these functions
>> > succeed or not, they all just return Ok.
>> >

>> The point of regression tests is to prove that this is always the case...
>>
> The GetGeneric* functions forward to CreateFontFamilyFrom name; I wrote
> the regression tests to make sure that we retrieve the correct font;
> Also, if one fails, it will be caught when the FontName string doesn't
> compare correctly.

Conformance tests are:

* independent of implementation.  We don't know how native implements
this function (and we don't really care), and there's no guarantee
that our implementation of CreateFontFamilyName won't change.

* independent of other tests (unit).  You're watering down the
'FontName string comparison' test by making it also rely on the
results of the previous GetGeneric* functions as well.  Each test
tests one thing.

--
James Hawkins