OFN_ENABLESIZING support in standard dialogs

Chris Howe mrmessiah at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 06:28:30 CDT 2008

Bugs 5034, 10284 and 10394 relate to un-resizable file open dialogs in
various programs - to be honest I came across this discrepancy running
native NOTEPAD.EXE.

The file open dialogs are implemented in comctl32, specifically filedlg.c
and the templates live in cdlg_xx.rc

In Windows, to make them resizable one uses the OFN_ENABLESIZING
flag, which is amongst Wine's UNHANDLED_FLAGS, so it has no effect in
Wine. Reading the history this flag has been available in all versions of
Windows from 98 up.

I am wondering how to go about supporting this flag though, weather the
dialog templates need changing, or if we could add the support purely in
the dialog creation code?

--
Chris