Redesigning the AppDB front page

Alexander Nicolaysen Sørnes alex at thehandofagony.com
Sun Jun 29 09:37:44 CDT 2008

Several users have requested that we make the search functionality easier to
find and use, and some have also offered suggestions on how to do this.

Would it be a good idea to remove all the Top 10 lists and replace them with a
few search options?  We currently advise users to not vote for apps that work
perfectly with Wine, and as such having a Top 10 Platinum list is
inconsistent with that.

In that search box, the user could search for an app or developer; something
like

App  [contains / starts with / ends with ] [search field] [submit]
Developer  [contains / starts with / ends with ] [search field] [submit]

Alexander N. Sørnes