Possible issue with win.c and help

Chris Ahrendt celticht32 at aol.com
Mon Jun 30 23:05:39 CDT 2008

Ok in my ever increasing search to figure out why EQ2 is getting a
unhandled exception and also a no ipixel error. (I am convinced this is
two separate bugs now)

Bug One :

This is the unhandled exception:
If I have EQ2 run in anything but win98 mode (which I don't think is
supported anymore by EQ2) wine dies with a unhandled exception. If I set
to win98 it ends with a no ipixel format error message box (the second
bug) after it begins to draw the window. The other thing is the msg box
is not a typical msg box saying that something isn't supported but looks
to be an exception in  ClientApp.cpp which means they are getting some
unhandled exception while drawing the window.

What I think might be going on based on this :

trace:win:WIN_SetWindowLong 0x2002c 0 0 W
trace:win:WIN_SetWindowLong Fell Through
trace:win:WIN_SetWindowLong Release Ptr
trace:win:WIN_DestroyWindow 0x2002c
trace:win:WIN_DestroyWindow 0x1002e
trace:win:WIN_DestroyWindow 0x10030
trace:win:WIN_DestroyWindow 0x10032
trace:win:WIN_DestroyWindow 0x10034
trace:win:WIN_DestroyWindow 0x10036
trace:win:WIN_DestroyWindow 0x10038
trace:win:WIN_DestroyWindow 0x1003a
trace:win:WIN_DestroyWindow 0x1003c
trace:win:WIN_DestroyWindow 0x1003e
trace:win:WIN_DestroyWindow 0x10040
trace:win:WIN_DestroyWindow 0x10042
trace:win:WIN_DestroyWindow 0x10044
trace:win:WIN_SetWindowLong 0x2002c 0 0 W

These are my trace additions  in SetWindowLong to help me follow the
execution of the code

trace:win:WIN_SetWindowLong Fell Through
trace:win:WIN_SetWindowLong Release Ptr
trace:win:WIN_SetWindowLong 0x2002c 12 0 W
trace:win:WIN_SetWindowLong Fell Through
trace:win:WIN_SetWindowLong Server Start Request
trace:win:WIN_SetWindowLong Default
trace:win:WIN_SetWindowLong no call Err
trace:win:WIN_SetWindowLong Default get and Set Win Data
trace:win:WIN_SetWindowLong Release Ptr
trace:win:WIN_SetWindowLong Returning 1871960

CRASH! Unhandled Exception

I think the window is being destroyed in reverse for some reason. Thats
just my gut first feeling based on the above trace and the exception
output. This is where my knowledge on Windows behavior ends. Does 98
destroy the windows chain differently than XP? This would explain why
the exception doesn't occur in 98 but does in XP.

Second Bug:
This is the ipixel problem which I haven't figured out
how to debug whats going on there, but think it might  be related to
this  error:

libGL error: drmMap of framebuffer failed (Cannot allocate memory)
libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering
libGL error: drmMap of framebuffer failed (Cannot allocate memory)
libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering

Which I am not sure why this is occurring yet but one bug at a time.
Where would someone look to trace along the window draw chain to see
where it dies. Some of the debug flags cause my machine to lock up which
I know is a driver issue and other lockups could be caused by the above
exception messing something up in X as the disk still runs when that
lockup occurs but X is DOA.

Thoughts????? Ideas???? Suggestions??????

Chris